Welcome to Loving Ava!

Here you will find me blogging about our daily life events, Ava's progress and many photographs.
Blogroll Me!


Saturday, March 8, 2008

We are alive!!

Wow it has been a long time! Life has really been hectic and busy as of late.
Ava is doing well, she has her IEP meeting coming up on the 13th of this month. I can't believe she will be going into the school district soon.
Her ST did her PLS on her and quite honestly I believe she fudged some of her answers on the expressive part of the test. She came out at 26 months, which is really high. While I don't doubt that Ava is progressing very nicely, she is not at 26 months. She was giving her points on things Ave's can't do, I know she means well but it actually showed on the receptive that Ave's is just at 21 months and she even said herself that usually she sees the expressive and receptive come out to be the same. Well HELLO you were giving her points for things that she isn't doing/saying yet!! We know she will def still qualify for OT, she still doesn't walk up or down steps, dress her self, can't take her shoes off, cut or glue ..she has a lot of problems with her little wrists. We will get there though!
IT is just amazing that this time last year, I was SO SICK with worry and wonder about what was wrong, and the thought of her possibly being on the spectrum was literally driving me crazy..and now almost a year since her diagnoses and the sick feeling has finally faded. I no longer get nauseous at the mere thought of Autism. As of right now I am dealing with it much better. I know things could be a lot worse for Ava, I thank God that she has started talking everyday. I know one day she WILL sing twinkle twinkle along with me, she WILL learn to count, she WILL say her ABC's, she WILL one of these days say those words I LONG to hear..I love you mama. I know it. Through lots of therapy, and lots of hard work here at home she is doing so well. We still have a lot of social issues to work through, which I guess will get worked on more when she goes to pre-school or the child alert program. I was hoping she would be potty trained soon, so she could go to the small private pre-school and have her therapists go there to work with her..but it looks more and more like she will go to child alert where it is ok if she is not potty trained.
That has been pretty much what has been going on. I want to try to get back into this blogging so hopefully it won't be months without an update again.

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

I'm so glad to hear your positive frame of mind. You are right. She WILL do all of those things, in her own time, with lots of help and hard work to get her there. And you will be SO proud of her your heart will feel like it will burst. I can't wait to hear the day she says, "I love you, Mama." I know it will happen, and I hope you don't have to wait too long for it.