Welcome to Loving Ava!

Here you will find me blogging about our daily life events, Ava's progress and many photographs.
Blogroll Me!


Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mama mama mama!!!

Oh how sweet that sound is! Finally. 28 months later, she looked right at me and said "Mama". It is so funny how parents of special needs children proceed with caution even when something GREAT happens. At first I was in disbelief. Then she did it again, and I have even heard it today. My heart is overjoyed. I can not begin to tell you how much it means to me to hear THAT word.
Her little voice is just so sweet. I have to tell you the story of todays "mama". I was outside messing with Christmas decorations, and I must of left the door open a little. Next thing I know I hear "MAMA MAMA MAMA" And I look up and she is peeking out the door with the biggest smile on her face. Oh she just melts my heart. It was so cute, I wish I would of had my camera.

Needless to say I am SO in love with my daughter!

Leaving you with some Christmas pictures...




















2 comments:

M said...

This story gave me a good cry. Oh how I miss the 'mama!' (Though when Liam used it it was for my husband but still!)

I'm so glad you got "mama" going on! Yeah for you and your sweet sweet daughter!

And the Christmas pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

I am SO in love with your daughter too!